Client: The Deb Group
Industry: Skincare Products
The Deb Group is an international leader in the provision of skincare products to industrial, commercial, healthcare and food sectors. Emphasis is placed on quality products that are both cost-effective and pleasant to use. Deb also prides itself on its environmental management approach, an integral part of their product development strategy. With merchandise sold in over 100 countries, an estimated 40 million people use a Deb product every day.
To better meet the demands of their international market, the Deb Group required translation and localisation of both their promotional material and website content. They chose eight of their main target markets and asked Comtec to provide translations into German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Dutch, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian. The material combined technical content with a high-level marketing style.
Selecting a team of translators with specialist marketing knowledge combined with understanding of the sector terminology, Comtec first provided a glossary of terms and sample translation for sign-off. The end result was a translated and localised material for the target markets - carefully adapted for the country’s own language, culture and values.
- Specialist marketing translators with industry-specific experience
- Latest translation memory software used to ensure accuracy and consistency in style and terminology
- Technical know-how and linguistic expertise in website localisation
- Clear understanding of client requirements through detailed briefing
- Liaison with the company’s in-country contacts to strike the desired tone with the target markets
Companies that are proactive in their use of foreign languages can almost double their export sales.
Looking to improve your success in this area? Comtec's Guide to Using Languages in International Business gives you all the facts at your fingertips. Click here to request your free copy.